Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm going to be in a wedding for the first time!

I've never been a member of a wedding party. I've been a bride - obviously. But I've never been a bridesmaid. Most of my friends aren't married yet, and those who are married are not my closest friends. There are 2 exceptions - close friends who did not ask me to be a bridesmaid; one selected closer friends (which is fine) and the other had several sisters and sisters-in-law.

I was asked by my MOH Jocelyn to be her MOH. Except, of course, she was my maid of honour and I'll be matron of honour.

She is going through the same debate I went through on colour. First, she thought purple and silver:

















Now, she's thinking turquoisey-blue and orangey-red. I am having a hard time picturing what she means. It's not turquoise and orange, nor is it pale blue and read, which are the two combinations I've seen more frequently. I found these combinations by using the google images search (but not the gorgeous turquoise dresses and orange flowers in the bottom left of the left picture - more red in the orange):















(





(I'm in a hotel tonight for work, so I have highspeed internet, hence the ability to post pictures. However, I'm on my work computer and I didn't bring my camera so I can't post/upload pictures.)

4 comments:

  1. That's great! I love both color palettes actually. When is the wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I guess I should have said that! It's late June 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey krista... me too, me too! I'm in the wedding too!!.. but i'm sure you know that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did know that, Janey! Of course, I know we'll be happy in whatever colour Jocelyn puts us in :)

    ReplyDelete