Sunday, August 29, 2010

Art ... and everyday life and images that become your own art

There are three things on my mind lately. The first is decorating. We are still in the process of decorating our home. I have eclective tastes and often love so many "looks" that I find it hard to pinpoint what I like best. I enjoy watching my tastes develop (if that doesn't sound too conceited) as I decide what I truly want to showcase in my own home.

The second is fashion. I've gained some weight in the past few months (and no, I'm not pregnant - just eating poorly!) and many of my pants are very tight (though not all). Sigh. I am torn between buying a bunch of new clothing in the meantime or throwing myself (back) into exercise. It's not that I don't exercise, it's that recently I have been doing less aerobics and cardio, but doing more yoga and pilates.

The third thing is the impending end of summer. I enjoy the fall, the rich colours, the warm sweaters and the crisp nights. But I love the summer.

In honour of all three things on my mind, here are some highlights stolen from some of my favourite blogs:

Alternative Wife, where Dawn gives me a dose of fashion and art:



















(Sources: Photo on the left and Photo on the right)

Cyd at The Sweetest Occasion, who loves stationery, paper products (and cotton and bamboo alternatives) and, of course, event planning, always has gorgeous images from birthday parties, bridal showers, and stationery shows:
















(Sources: on the left or top and on the right or bottom) (depending on your browser)

Last, but not least, Rachel is the Girl Learning Along the Way, whose posts are filled with a mix of realistic and fantasy decorating advice:



















Source: on the left and on the right)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the love, lady! Hope all is well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, all of this is so pretty... I'm feeling pretty much the same these days, regarding the same three things! :-)

    ReplyDelete