Monday, April 26, 2010

Bathroom Inspiration

I want to re-do our bathroom. In our house, we have a full bathroom, a three-piece ensuite bathroom, and a "half" bathroom (that is also our laundry room). Um, that is WAY more bathrooms than two people need, IMO, but oh well.

I definitely want to re-do the full bathroom. Let me quantify that: paint the walls, change the vanity/counter, change the flooring and change the towel racks. And maybe change the lighting fixtures. The plumbing, bath tub and toilet are fine.

I want to make some more minor changes in the ensuite, including changing the vanity/counters, and maybe making a change to the shower stall. Not sure.

And while I'm changing the other two bathrooms, I might as well change the vanity/counters in the half-bath / laundry room. I mean, what's another vanity/counter, right? :) (Famous last words, I know.)

I emailed Wade some ideas that I like, compiled in this picture:


I'm thinking the ensuite will be teal / aqua blue; the half bath / laundry room will be either bright red or marine blue, and the full bathroom will be either marine blue or bright red (undecided which will be which).

I love vessel sinks and "water fall" facets especially. I don't know how to describe the images I like (above). Are they modern? I don't know. If you have any ideas of how to describe the look in the photo, let me know! I'd love to have some adjectives at my disposal to describe my plan.

I can't source the photos in the above collage. Most of them were either from various national and local vendors, or from just googling various key phrases (such as "vessel sinks") in google images. Sorry, I didn't think I'd be sharing it on here!

1 comment:

  1. OOOh, I like the vessel sinks tooo (had no idea they were called that until I read your post!)

    ReplyDelete