Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pitcher

Back in May, I won this pitcher from Rachel. I have taken pictures of it in use, but I can't find my camera right now. I'll post them another day when I find it and I post on a couple of our patio parties.

Here are the claims: This 1-quart super-durable pitcher won't scratch, and is dishwasher safe. Because of how its made, it will keep its contents either warmer or cooler longer than any other pitchers - which makes it great for my favorite drink, margaritas!! This is such a cute pitcher, it would be great for display even when you're not using it.

I ordered the pitcher in the blue. It only took around 2 weeks to arrive, which surprised me since it was being shipped to me in Canada. That's a fast delivery!

The pitcher is super cute! I was a little skeptical - how can a PITCHER keep your drinks extra cool and extra warm?

In the summer, I tried it out with cold drinks several times. I have to say, it works like a charm. I've used it to keep white wine chilled for longer, to serve lemonade, punch, and even plain ol' water. I found that it kept the drinks cooler than my other pitchers. I have 2 other pitchers, and there were a couple occasions where I had enough people over that I had different drinks in three pitchers at onceThere was one big downside to this pitcher. It only held 1 quart (which is about 1.5 L or 6 cups). Not enough when you have guests over!

In late August, I also decided to test out its ability to keep warm drinks warm. I brewed hot tea using the pitcher as a tea pot. Seriously. I did in mostly on a whim to test out the claim! And, I was surprised - it actually worked. It kept the tea pretty warm - almost as warm as a proper tea pot. Seriously!

So, if anyone needs a pitcher, seriously consider this pitcher from CSN. If you're going to use it to serve many people, consider getting two. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment