Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wipe Out

Have you seen the show Wipeout? Wade and I love it. I heard that Wipeout is the American answer to Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (MXC), which is itself a dubbing of a 1980s game show called Takeshi's Castle. (For the records, MXC is far more funny than Wipeout, but that's because MXC dubbing is clearly not what the people were originally saying.

Here's a video of MXC if you haven't seen it.

Wipeout is coming to Canada, but (oddly enoughly), Wipeout Canada will be filmed in Argentina. (According to wikipedia, my source of way-too-much, the American version of Wipeout is filmed in California, which is obviously much closer than Argentina. Go figure.)

Wade and I are thinking of "auditioning" for it. (Auditioning = filling out a really long form.) The crazier you are in your "audition", the more likely you are to get picked. I'm not sure how to be "crazy" in the audition!

Here are just a few of the many questions "asked" in the "audition":
Have you ever won any academic prizes?
Does your job require you to wear a uniform? Would you be prepared to wear a version of that uniform on the course?
If you were a superhero, what would your superhero power be?
What is the coolest thing about you?

Crazy, non? (Both the form and the idea of auditioning for it!)

On an unrelated note, I still can't post pictures from my slow internet. Grr. I'm not totally sure it's the slow internet. Anyway, I'll make an effort to post more frequently. I know how annoying it is when you visit a blog that only updates itself once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment