Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Up close and personal with some skaters!

When I arrived Friday evening, I saw these two being interviewed:

Local DJ Candace Drover interviewed Paige Lawrence & Rudi Swiegers. They both talked about how interviews are new to them, and they are both still nervous. Rudi said he thought Paige does a better job because he still says "um" too much in his interviews. I thought he sounded fine. They were a sweet couple. (At least, I think that's who it was. Google them and let me know if you think I'm right.)

When I arrived Saturday, this is what I saw:

Canada's Sweethearts! I wasn't about to wait for the nearly hour to meet them, but I was able to see them up (fairly) close: Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, Olympics champions in ice dance. They were originally supposed to complete, but she's currently recuperating from another injury. They still showed up and said hi to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment