Friday, January 22, 2010

Whew ...

Of course, you're aware of the disaster that occurred in Haiti. I'm watching "Hope for Haiti" and earlier I watched "Canada for Haiti" (um, the same format as the American/International show). You are no doubt upset by what's happening, too. I just wanted to pause and acknowledge this tragedy.


I've now read everything in my reader. Our wireless is down, so using the internet is inconvenient: in the corner of the basement. Plus, now that I'm working and commuting half-an-hour each way (as opposed to ... about 5 minutes at my last job), I've been exhausted at night. So here's a quick update:
-Work is good. Still lots to learn.
-Princess is good. She's such a cute little cuddler when I get home. (She wasn't used to me being away from her for hours until I started working again!)
-Wade is good. He's working shift work for the next 4 weeks, which sucks, but at least he'll go back to normal days when this run is over.

That's all I got for now. I'm going to have a nice, relaxing bath then go to bed. Tomorrow I'm volunteering with St. John Ambulance for about 5 hours. (I started volunteering with them back in October. The commitment is: 2 hours of training 2-3 times a month (training is every Wednesday, so you just pick the Wednesdays you can make) plus one "shift" a month (you pick the shift, ranging from 4 to 9 hours, mostly on week-ends).

No comments:

Post a Comment